Monday 3 December 2012

My extremely sporty 9th Birthday - by Louis

Eeeeeee! I'm 9 today!
We woke up and I was 9.  It didn’t feel any different to yesterday when I was 8, but I knew that it was my birthday and I was so excited.  

We began to open my presents, I got a Generala (also named as Yahtzee, Five Dice and Kniffel) Uno Dice, a multi-coloured skipping rope, a sand-boarding lesson and a surfing lesson. The sand-boarding was at 10:00 and the surfing was at 4:00 in the afternoon.  

After that we decided to read some of my birthday messages that luckily had been sent the day before so I was able to read them on my birthday, because in Cabo Polonio there is no internet. 

Happy Birthday to me!
Then we had breakfast, we had some cornflakes, some toast with jam and some fruit.  After that we headed off to the sand dunes with our teacher.  First we went down a small one and after a few goes we had that sussed out so then we went on to a bigger one. We fell over a few times and rubbed some go-faster wax on the bottom of the board and we wanted to stay on that one but we moved on.  We found ourselves on a slope that was virtually vertical and that time I asked to move on because the slopes a little further on were not quite as long on that side and Fabry actually let me.  The slopes were shorter and steeper and I zoomed down and almost went to the beach. When we had had enough we saw our teacher writing on the back of the board "Happy Birthday" and he gave the board to me as a present!!
I meant to do that!!!!
That's better.......

Happy Louis with unexpected birthday gift from teacher Fabry!

Next we went to lunch and had an omelette then it was time for my surf lesson.  We went to get our surfboards and walked down to the beach and we did some stretching, and some surfing skills on the sand to help my muscle memory with the surfing.  We got in and I was a bit cold because I only had a short wetsuit on and the water on this beach was colder than on the other beach we'd been to the previous day. He pushed me to catch the wave and I stood up the first time and it was a amazing. Mummy and Daddy were cheering me on and after a few goes I really got the hang of it.

The best moment of my birthday!
When we got back to our hostel we literally left immediately to go to the place we had booked at lunchtime, it had a lovely name called La Golosa (something to do with greedy) we had lovely food.  Frankie, Mummy and I had spaghetti bolognese with special prawn sauce, it was so lovely and sweet. When we were walking back Daddy said we were going to a pudding place and when we got there I saw people lighting candles from the lanterns and bringing them inside. I started getting a feeling that I was in for a little surprise like a birthday cake and everybody started singing "Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to Louis, Happy birthday to you!"  It was a lovely peach cake with chocolate drops to make my name "Louis 9". It was lovely unfortunately a girl staying at the hostel ate half my cake because I left it in the fridge.  She said she needed a top up from her 6 burgers and 10 pancakes at lunchtime!!!!
Wow my face is red!
It was a lovely birthday and one I will remember for the whole of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment