Friday 4 January 2013

My first horse ride at the Estancia - by Frankie

We had woken up and got in a cab to the main town and we bought some shopping stuff. Then we went to have a lovely hot chocolate in this bread place and two treat things, it was brilliant.  We jumped in a cab to our destination, the Estancia La Margarita. When we were there, I thought it was a horrible idea sticking your hand up someone’s bottom.  I am going to draw a picture and you have to guess what you stick your hand up.......

We milked the cows!

After that we got our stuff on for horse riding. When we got our gear on, I hopped on a horse called Dolores and Louis got on Picasso, Daddy got on Diabla and Mummy got on Emma.  I kicked my horse and we all walked off, it was an amazing view.  You got to see all the lakes and grazing cows.  We were on the way back and had a little trot to the Estancia.  Trotting is more bumpy than cantering. When we got back, my horse went in the lake and I got drenched.  Brian our best friend laughed and I laughed with him!


Me with my gaucho friend Brian
We were doing our lesson, it was all going well and then my horse went faster and after and started galloping.  I was scared even though I couldn’t see because my hat bobbed down.  Anyway Brian was galloping a lot faster with me and caught up with me and stopped the horse. After that I went back on my horse and the same thing happened and then I got scared so then I went back on my horse with Pablo, one of the gauchos. 

The day after I managed to get back on my horse on my own, and walked off and I was fine. 
I managed to get back on Dolores on my own again the next day....
By Frankie







No comments:

Post a Comment